There aren’t a lot of authors I know — though there definitely are some — who wouldn’t like to see their books become movies.
Movies are exciting. We all want to see our worlds come to life, not just painted on the inside of our eyeballs, but three dimensional. I remember reading that JK Rowling cried the first time she walked around the set of Diagon Alley. I remember Holly calling me from the Spiderwick set, totally blown away. This stuff is even more exciting for us than it is for you, believe it or not. :)
However it is also not up to us whether our books get made into movies. A fairly low-budget movie costs fifty or sixty million dollars to make, plus another forty or fifty million in marketing. I do not know about you, but I do not have a hundred million dollars lying around. Also I do not know any directors or actors, and do not know how to hold a camera. A movie made by me would not turn out well. This is why we need studios and production companies, the people who actually make movies. And they have to pick your book and want to make it into a movie.
It’s up to them, not us.
Now would I like to see TiD become movies? Totally! I love historical dramas! I love the costumes and I love the settings and boys in Victorian outfits, well. *gets a fan from the period and fans tumblr* And the clockwork creatures look so cool in my mind, I’d love to see them onscreen.
The Infernal Devices is optioned by the same people who optioned Mortal Instruments, Constantin Films, and they’ve done period work before (The Three Musketeers, Perfume) so I am sure they could do a good job. They are completely focused on City of Bones right now and that is understandable. It takes huge focus and effort to get a movie made.
If the Mortal Instruments movie makes it safely through production (yeah, I’m a born pessimist, I’m always sure something is going to go wrong) and if it does well, then yes, that would increase the chances of TiD being made. But to me that’s like “If you won the lottery what would you spend it on?”
I would expect the casting of Fletcher the Duck to be a matter of huge fandom contention.
- mockingjaydream likes this
- meztliblue likes this
- motionintheironsea likes this
- foreverfinnick likes this
- aqsanaveed likes this
- elleheartslife likes this
- fallenfiction likes this
- blonddahlia likes this
- dudewithfourfears likes this
- tmispanishnews likes this
- sexyvampiremojo likes this
- livinginashadowworld likes this
- primero-nueng likes this
- adventuresofacinefile likes this
- seriouslysighs likes this
- lovenearmidnite likes this
- therambunctiousmorrigan likes this
- wordsandwhimsys likes this
- aorellana47 likes this
- jerissouvent likes this
- theaudacitytolove likes this
- red-string-of-fate-1996 likes this
- still-working-out-the-kinks likes this
- iamabeingcomprisedofletters likes this
- canyoudigelvis said: Reading this brought me to the question: If you won the lottery what would you spend it on?
- thelastdreamofmysoul likes this
- canyoudigelvis likes this
- love-of-the-centuri likes this
- queenisabellelightwood said: Fletcher is TID at its finest. Besides the DSS’s
- flashysparklesonthewater likes this
- morganthemagician likes this
- delimac likes this
- conversationshesitations likes this
- dream9believe likes this
- justapieceintheirgames likes this
- captainassmerica likes this
- knightcircus said: Indeed it would, Cassandra. Indeed it would…
- katara-alchemist likes this
- clarissawayland likes this
- yellow-wellies likes this
- akasharogue likes this
- mikarouh likes this
- xxdr likes this
- brick-by-freaking-boring-brick likes this
- nathymmottecy likes this
- sanityismusic said: Aha! So you admit Fletcher is now canon?!
- ice-ridden likes this
- jameswilliamherondale likes this
- havilliards likes this
- princekomaeda likes this